Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Second Semester: Week 8

This was my last week on the brass side. I finished my project trombone early so I turned it in and had the opportunity to work on a customer cornet. The tag said chemical flush and rough out dents. The flush went quicker than the first time I cleaned an instrument. The dents were not too difficult. I gathered all of my acquired knowledge and went to work. It was fun removing the dents and aligning the bell. Since it was basically a playing condition job it was interesting to learn where to stop. Since the repair tag said rough out dents I started by working on all of the accessible dents but I had extra time so I did as many as I could reach with dent tools. I probably wouldn't have had to get out all of the ones I did but it was worth it in the end. I also had to resolder two of the casing to lead pipe braces because they were broken. It was a little nerve racking doing a customer horn but well worth the experience!

Customer cornet

No comments:

Post a Comment