Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 9

This week I moved to the Woodwind Lab.  The first thing we had to do was a few house keeping tasks in order to prepare for working on clarinets. I covered my desk rug with muslim so that it would be easy to find pivot screws and other small parts that may land on my bench. I also made a clarinet screw board. This board is used when taking apart a clarinet. It keeps track of hinge rods and pivot screws so that each screw and hinge rod corresponds to the correct key or lever. After making the screw board I took apart my methods clarinet. I started with the upper joint and then moved to the lower joint. Taking apart the clarinet allowed me to learn the names of the keys and levers. I am very excited to learn more about the clarinet.

Wood block and paper that covers the block

Paper Mod Podged to the block

Wood dowel widdled to add a piece of mylar that is 0.001"

Finished feeler used for padding

Screw block with hinge rods and pivot screws from the upper joint

Disassembled upper joint

Organized keys

1 comment: