Sunday, October 16, 2011

Week 8

This week was a work week. It was my time to finish up work on my project trumpet before I turned it in on Friday. I spent the beginning of the week finishing dents and alignments so that I would be ready to install the mouth pipe in the middle of the week. I knew that I would have to spot lacquer the trumpet and mouth pipe before I could turn it in. I wanted to have all of the work done before Friday so that the lacquer would have time to dry overnight. I finished lacquering on Thursday so that Friday I could work on porting and water key installation. I also vacuumed out the case and did a minor case repair. After finishing the invoice on the computer my trumpet was ready to turn in. I enjoyed this project immensely! It was a great learning experience. When I first opened the case weeks ago and the trumpet was in pieces I never imagined that I would be able to make this trumpet play. It was a gratifying experience and I cannot wait to work on more horns.

Throat dents that I worked on in the beginning of the week

Fitting the mouth pipe to casing brace

Fitting 'S' braces

Ready for lacquering

Finished project trumpet!

No comments:

Post a Comment