Monday, January 30, 2012

Second Semester: Week 3

This week I got my project french horn! The first thing I did was write up the work order slip. Next, I started to disassemble the horn and pre-clean for a chemical flush. I ran into three stuck slides. I put penetrating oil on the slides and set the horn aside to let the oil work. One of the slides came out with some tapping. I tapped the other two but they wouldn't budge. I heated the slides and tried to get them out but that didn't work either. I had to use a drift punch and hammer in order to get the third slide on the F side out. The third slide on the B-flat side came out when I tapped on the spanner brace.

Project horn

Stripped lacquer

Reynolds 

Back side of the horn 
Fourth valve full of corrosion

Scale on the rotors

Parts pre-cleaned and ready for a chemical flush

The slides that were not stuck

No comments:

Post a Comment