Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Week 17

This week was a work week. I was working on finishing body work and padding on my project flute. I continued to pad and once I finished the body I put it in the pad oven to put a seat in the pads. While the body was in the oven I finished padding the foot joint. The flute went in the pad oven for 15 minutes with the pad clamps in place. Then I took it out of the oven and the clamps remained on for an hour. Once the hour was up I removed the clamps and let it sit for another hour so the seat would have time to relax and then I could check for any leaks that were still present. After the padding was done I had to finish up my tenon fitting. The head joint was back into round but it did not slide in the socket evenly. I also had to expand the lower tenon because the footjoint was loose. Once the body work and padding was done I corked the keys, fixed regulation, created venting and removed lost motion. These were the last steps I had to complete before turning in my project.

3 comments:

  1. Before putting a seat in the pads, you check for leaks too??? Before and after the seat???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Check for leaks before and after you seat the pad.

    ReplyDelete